EVV for Home Healthcare Provides Provides Easy Way to Track Activity
One of the toughest challenges for home healthcare agencies is tracking caregiver activity. Up until recently, it’s been a time-consuming process that remained open to errors and fraud.
Enter Electronic Visit Verification, or EVV. Developed specifically for the home healthcare industry, this specialized method of time-tracking not only captures employees’ time and attendance, but actual physical location.
With EVV, caregivers punch in and out as they arrive at and leave each home visit. Providers can use various tracking methods:
- Devices with GPS (verifies locations via GPS coordinates)
- Telephony (verifies via patient caller ID)
- Web punch (verifies via patient IP address).
Obviously, EVV greatly reduces the likelihood of errors and fraud. It offers home healthcare companies significant advantages, including:
- Reduced labor costs – costs shrink by an estimated 5% or more.
- Enhanced compliance – EVV is mandated in a growing number of states. In addition to meeting EVV mandates, automated time-tracking improves overall wage and hour compliance. It will help employers meet Affordable Care Act requirements, too.
- Increased efficiency – because tracking is automated, that means less paperwork and admin, which results in means faster billing and payment.
- Elevated quality of care – Now, caregiver activity is transparent and measurable.