Get a Complimentary Workforce Realignment Feedback Session
What is your 30-day workforce management plan?
As you start to plan for the weeks and months ahead, we would like to help by offering a complimentary Workforce Realignment Feedback Session with our HCM Analytics team.
During this session, our HCM Analytics team will:
- Discuss your current plans for workforce changes to manage the next 30 to 90 days and provide feedback on potential risks and opportunities
- Identify targeted areas where you could potentially reduce your labor costs while minimizing long-term damage
- Suggest key metrics for you to track so you can forecast labor costs better and make earlier interventions
Request your complimentary Workforce Realignment Feedback Session with our HCM Analytics Team.
Compliance Think Tank
Labor Compliance Innovations for Employers Managing an Hourly Workforce
Maintaining labor law compliance has never been easy for employers that manage an hourly workforce. Until now. We engineered our HCM system just for businesses like you—complete with compliance tools, resources and solutions you can’t find anywhere else.
Compliance is key, and you don’t want to leave anything to chance
Wage and hour compliance is a jungle. Let EPAY’s time and labor help you navigate and manage your compliance.
What Is Labor Compliance, If Not One of Your Greatest Day-to-Day Challenges?
Wage and hour compliance. Minimum wage compliance. Workers’ Comp. The Affordable Care Act. These days, employers have hundreds of labor laws they need to comply with on the federal level alone. On the state and local levels, a growing number of regulations—paid leave, fair workweek laws, and sexual harassment training, for example—complicate things further.
It’s all very hard to keep track of, but the cost of noncompliance is steep. In addition to fines and penalties, noncompliant employers are at risk of class-action lawsuits and excessive Workers’ Compensation claims. In some cases, workforce morale may plummet, recruiting efforts may suffer, and even the company’s brand may become tarnished.
When it comes to maintaining labor law compliance, a well-designed HCM system should be part of your core defense. EPAY’s HCM platform features built-in, system-wide compliance safeguards for employers managing an hourly workforce. You’ll find tools, guardrails, and analytics that will help you improve labor compliance from Day One.
Ensure Daily Wage and Hour Compliance with our Dynamic Time Clock Questions
Wouldn’t it be great to get your workers to confirm they had a safe, compliant workday—every single day? You can! Our time and attendance software lets you program dynamic health and safety questions into the system, so they’re served them up to each worker when they punch in and/or out.
For example, you can ask:
- Did you have a safe workday?
- Did you take your full meal break today?
- Is your temperature reading more than 100.4 F?
It’s a great way to build labor compliance awareness, right at the time clock. Plus, managers are alerted in real-time if there’s a problem, so issues can be nipped in the bud—and employers can reduce their risk of FLSA violations, labor lawsuits, and even Workers’ Comp claims.
Maintain Affordable Care Act Compliance with Our ACA Toolkit
Our Affordable Care Act compliance management toolkit not only ensures you’re following ACA regulations, but generates all tax forms and provides expert support as needed, by…
- Tracking and forecasting employee eligibility
- Providing built-in tests and calculators to monitor ongoing compliance
- Generating 1094-C tax forms and filing them with the IRS
- Generating 10945-C tax forms and delivering them to employees
- Providing regulatory updates
- Offering monthly check-ins with our ACA specialists
Train Workers on Federal, State, and Local Regs with EPAY Learning
It’s easy to conduct anywhere, anytime training with our online learning management system (LMS), and workers can log on from any device. From mandated sexual harassment programs and industry-specific OSHA training to advanced labor law compliance training for managers, you can choose from 10,000 ready-to-go courses and create your own. Manage employee progress…issue course completion certificates…and even monitor labor compliance scores by department, shift, and worksite.
Track Compliance KPIs with EPAY’s Workforce Management Analytics
Our proprietary analytical engine captures how workers and managers interact with our time and attendance system, measuring their activity in terms of seven KPIs. It gives you actionable intelligence into improving wage and hour compliance, as well as controlling labor costs and increasing efficiency.
Only EPAY monitors these compliance risks:
- Where and when open punches occur – because open punches can lead to inaccurate payroll and by extension, wage and hour lawsuits
- Which managers are changing timecards and how often – changing timecards is often a wage and hour compliance violation
- Length of timecard correction lags – the longer a punch is left open, the more likely it will be resolved inaccurately, creating potential violations and opening the door to labor lawsuits
Ensuring Everyday Wage and Hour Compliance
It’s not always easy to pay an hourly workforce correctly, especially in complex labor environments. Unfortunately, inaccurate payroll can result in Department of Labor fines and penalties as well as class-action lawsuits. EPAY’s flexible payroll engine can correctly handle an infinite number of payroll complexities and curveballs, including:
- Shift differentials
- Split shifts
- Blended overtime
- Collective bargaining agreements
- Meal breaks
And because our system creates an audit trail, you have documentation to prove you’re in compliance with FLSA regs as well as state and local labor laws.
A Clearly Different Human Capital Management Company
We take the time to understand your needs, so you can offload payroll and HR-related activities and focus on your core business.
Request a Demo
Get a Live Demonstration of Our HR and Payroll Solution to Learn How We Can Benefit Your Company.
Don't Go Yet!
Before you go, sign up for compliance updates from our blog.