Get a Complimentary Workforce Realignment Feedback Session
What is your 30-day workforce management plan?
As you start to plan for the weeks and months ahead, we would like to help by offering a complimentary Workforce Realignment Feedback Session with our HCM Analytics team.
During this session, our HCM Analytics team will:
- Discuss your current plans for workforce changes to manage the next 30 to 90 days and provide feedback on potential risks and opportunities
- Identify targeted areas where you could potentially reduce your labor costs while minimizing long-term damage
- Suggest key metrics for you to track so you can forecast labor costs better and make earlier interventions
Request your complimentary Workforce Realignment Feedback Session with our HCM Analytics Team.
HR Challenges in the Construction Industry
HR is never a simple matter in any industry, but the construction industry has its own unique set of HR challenges. EPAY Systems provides human capital management solutions that can give your company a competitive edge by helping you overcome the HR challenges specific to the construction industry. Inherent in the nature of the construction industry, HR policies can be much more difficult to implement and maintain. Issues HR professionals in construction face include:
- Minimal time for HR strategy planning: Construction contracts may be awarded on short notice following competitive bidding. As contractors are not usually brought in until the contract is awarded, you may have limited time for a proper HR strategy to build a project team with the right skill sets.
- Changing nature of construction projects: As a construction project progresses, different personnel with different skills are brought in as needed. This creates its own set of complications for HR.
- Transient workforce: Construction workforces tend to be composed of transient contractors who tend to work longer hours at different rates. Along with the high turnover rate common in construction, these factors can make workforce tracking more difficult for HR.
- Health and safety issues: According to OSHA statistics, 1 in every 5 work-related fatalities occurs in the construction industry. In 2014, construction accident fatalities accounted for 20.5% of all private industry work fatalities. Constantly changing workplace locations and high turnover can increase the risk of accidents. Time off work due to injury, regulatory agency involvement, and industrial relations issues can cause compliance-related issues for HR.
- Certified payroll: Oftentimes construction projects are publicly funded and require that contractors pay a prevailing wage (Davis-Bacon wage) rate for workers on the job. Then, for each payroll period, the contractor must create a certified payroll report that shows the wages paid to each worker. These compliance requirements make payroll a more time-consuming process for HR.
Learn How EPAY HCM Can Ease Your HR BurdenSEE A DEMO
Construction Workforce Management Software
EPAY Systems provides workforce management software that is designed to function seamlessly with various other platforms, or in conjunction with our unified human capital management system, and can be configured to meet your specific business needs.
Real time visibility allows managers to maintain control of each site and shift, even when they’re miles away from site activity. Our workforce management software also allows you to track employee time and attendance including shifts and schedules, helping HR professionals make proactive workforce decisions and control costs.
With the help of our technology, you can reduce payroll prep time, eliminate pay calculation errors, and cut administrative costs with automated timesheets that seamlessly integrate with EPAY Payroll or your payroll system. Tight controls on timecard changes and built-in compliance safeguards help you avoid compliance pitfalls and reduce exposure to wage and hour lawsuits and penalties.
EPAY Systems Workforce Management Solution for Construction
- Flexible pay rules
- Budgets and job costing
- Reporting and labor analytics
- Alerts and messaging
- Wage and hour compliance
- Employee scheduling
- Affordable Care Act toolkit
- Mobile time management
- Employee points tracking
Unified Human Capital Management by EPAY
HR faces real and unique challenges in the construction industry. EPAY Systems Human Capital Management Solutions can streamline the process with one integrated platform to lighten your HR burden, cut labor costs, and improve the quality of your workforce management.
With EPAY’s unified human capital management technology, every detail is managed and monitored, including recruiting, onboarding, enrollment in benefit programs and HR management, time and attendance tracking, and payroll with technology that meets the specific needs of the construction industry.
Contact us today for a demonstration of EPAY’s workforce management software and human capital management software. Get a live demonstration»
We take the time to understand your needs, so you can offload payroll and HR-related activities and focus on your core business.
One Seamless Single Sign-On System
Free Premium Customer Support 24/7
One All-Inclusive Monthly Price
Request a Demo
Get a Live Demonstration of Our HR and Payroll Solution to Learn How We Can Benefit Your Company.