Employees that are scattered across multiple sites are the toughest to track—time and attendance wise. Having time clocks at every job site can be very difficult, especially if your employees are visiting different sites, customer sites or have sites with rugged terrain. So how can you keep track of your mobile employees’ time and attendance?
Now that mobile time and attendance apps have arrived, there is finally a solution. But not all mobile time and attendance apps are created equal. There are many mobile time and attendance apps out there, so what should you look for?
Here are the key things to look for when evaluating how well a mobile time and attendance app will work for you:
- Ease of Use– You don’t want employees tinkering with their smartphones or tablets on-site. The best mobile time and attendance apps allow workers to punch in and out in a few easy steps. And for peace of mind, the app confirms that the punch has registered.
- Customizability– Your time and attendance app should adapt to fit your unique workforce. It should allow you to choose various users (i.e. work crew, individual, or manager) and classify workers in various ways (i.e. location, task, or work ticket), depending on the needs of your business.
- Verification– In addition to time and date, you want a time and attendance app that accurately captures GPS coordinates. That way, you can verify that your employees are clocking in at the right time and location.
- GPS– The most effective mobile time and attendance apps not only let you define authorized GPS locations, but flag any punches made outside of those areas. Basically, it does the checking up for you.
- Security– Sometimes mobile service goes down, taking GPS along with it. A good mobile back up is necessary to ensure that no punches are lost during such down time, forwarding them to your time and attendance database as soon as service is back online.
Here at EPAY, we took all of these factors into consideration when developing our native mobile time and attendance app with GPS. We designed it to work the way you do, however that may be. Contact us to learn more.