Current developments in the growing staffing industry are creating a number of challenges for industry professionals. EPAY Systems provides human capital management solutions that can help your staffing company maintain a competitive edge in the face of these challenges.
Staffing Industry Challenges
Staffing companies supply workers in many industries, professional, and managerial positions, as well as office, clerical, and administrative, industrial, and other occupational categories. Challenges currently affecting the staffing industry are as follows:
- Key skills are harder than ever to find. Unemployment is down and the demand for talent is up. Effectively and efficiently sourcing, recruiting, and tracking applicants has become increasingly difficult.
- The workforce has become diverse and multigenerational. Demographic shifts have created a workforce comprised of different generations, with different habits, motivations, and communication styles. Thus, managing performance is key.
- Gaining and holding the attention of candidates is becoming more difficult. It is vital to create and nurture a database of pre-qualified candidates, ready to be contacted and called in at any time for an interview.
- Skilled labor shortages are increasing nationwide. These shortage are severe in a number of occupations, including carpenters, plumbers, electricians, nurses, teachers, and truck drivers.
Staffing Services and Human Capital Management Software
Staffing solutions come in different forms to meet various business needs. A staffing firm may provide:
- Placement services, bringing employers and job seekers together to help fill permanent positions
- Temporary staffing services, in which the staffing agency hires its own employees and sends them on assignments to help fill a client’s workforce needs on a temporary basis
- Temp to hire staffing, in which the individual works for a client over a trial period, from which permanent employment may or may not result
- Long term staffing, in which the staffing firm recruits, screens, and assigns employees for long-term positions for clients
No matter what types of staffing solutions your firm provides, EPAY Systems’ workforce management software can provide you with streamlined payroll processing, real time visibility of your workforce, and wage and hour compliance protection.
For a complete HR solution, EPAY Systems also offers a unified human capital management system that includes:
- Recruiting and applicant tracking
- HR management
- Benefits administration
- Time and attendance
- Payroll and taxes
- Performance management
- Employment and labor law compliance including ACA reporting
When your employees are spread across multiple locations and work environments, traditional time clocks are not always the best time tracking option. But our cloud based employee time and attendance tracking technology includes mix and match data collection methods to help you track any employee at any location. Our Mobile Punch™ application is a great solution for workers on the go. In fact, it was recently featured by the American Staffing Association as one of the “Hottest Technology Updates That Will Move Your Business”.
Our recruiting and applicant tracking features provide access to leading job boards, social networks, and background checks. You have everything you need to accelerate recruiting and onboarding in one unified HCM system, along with free live support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Human capital management and workforce management solutions can provide a competitive advantage to staffing companies facing unique workforce challenges. If you are a staffing professional, contact us to learn more about how EPAY Systems can help streamline your HR and payroll. Get a live demonstration»