Get a Complimentary Workforce Realignment Feedback Session
What is your 30-day workforce management plan?
As you start to plan for the weeks and months ahead, we would like to help by offering a complimentary Workforce Realignment Feedback Session with our HCM Analytics team.
During this session, our HCM Analytics team will:
- Discuss your current plans for workforce changes to manage the next 30 to 90 days and provide feedback on potential risks and opportunities
- Identify targeted areas where you could potentially reduce your labor costs while minimizing long-term damage
- Suggest key metrics for you to track so you can forecast labor costs better and make earlier interventions
Request your complimentary Workforce Realignment Feedback Session with our HCM Analytics Team.
Food Service and Restaurant Human Capital Management Challenges
According to an article published by Cornell University School of Hotel Administration, human resources is the most troubling issue for restaurant owners and operators in the United States. One of the main challenges these businesses face is the fundamental issue of recruiting and retaining skilled employees. EPAY Systems offers human capital management software to provide solutions for HR in the restaurant and food service industry.
A major concern in food service and restaurant human capital management is the growing skills gap in the labor market. Prospective employees may need training in simple skills, such as face-to-face communication with guests. Although we expect younger workers to be tech-savvy, their technical knowledge may be limited to texting and social networks; these skills may not extend to using a headset and handheld device while taking orders, correctly handling and counting cash, or other skills required in the food service industry.
Learn How EPAY HCM Can Ease Your HR BurdenSEE A DEMO
Workforce Management Solutions for Food Service and Restaurants
In addition to the significant challenge of finding and recruiting the right workers to fill positions, Human Resources in the restaurant business is often focused on solving employee issues, such as:
- Absenteeism rates among non-salaried employees
- Employee retention during wage and salary freezes
- Improving front-line staff customer service skills
- Providing in-house training or continuing education on a budget
- Motivating management personnel in low-turnover departments where there is less promotion potential
Restaurants are fast-paced businesses that need HR support to handle functions such as recruitment, performance management, and compliance with employment regulations.
Among many other duties, Human Resources in the food service industry is charged with:
- Recruitment and selection of employees (which often involves networking in industry-specific associations)
- TIPS® certification (Training for Intervention Procedures) for employees in restaurants serving alcoholic beverages
- Orientation and onboarding programs that cover workplace policies, service standards, and restaurant-specific guidelines
- Compliance with employment laws, such as the Fair Labor Standards Act that governs minimum wage and overtime
- Compensation and benefits, which may include payroll and tax processing, negotiating rates for group health plans, and monitoring retirement savings programs
EPAY Systems' Workforce Management Software
EPAY Systems provides both cloud-based workforce management software and a full human capital management platform, which are designed to ease the Human Resources burden and reduce labor costs. Our fully integrated HCM and workforce management software system simplifies and streamlines key HR functions for food service and restaurants, including:
- Recruiting and applicant tracking
- Employee onboarding
- Benefits administration
- HR management
- Time and attendance tracking
- Performance management
- Payroll and tax management
- ACA (Affordable Care Act) compliance
Contact us Today
Our seamless HCM platform is a superior solution for human capital management in the restaurant and food service industry. Contact us today to schedule a live demonstration of our integrated system or to find out how we can help you best manage your business’s most valuable resource – your employees.
We’re in the business of saving you money, saving you time – and revealing the path to a better bottom line
Request a Demo
Get a Live Demonstration of Our HR and Payroll Solution to Learn How We Can Benefit Your Company.