Webinar | Key Legislative Updates for the Hourly Workforce | Tuesday, September 24th | 12 PM CST
Has predictive scheduling legislation reached your workforce? How about salary history bans? If they haven’t already, they likely will soon.
Join Jennifer Long on September 24, 2019 at 12 PM CST to find out how far these legislative trends have spread and tips for updating your policies and practices. Topics will include:
- Predictive scheduling laws
- Overview of salary history ban
- Various penalties for noncompliance
- Tips for updating your policies and practices
Food Service and Restaurant Human Capital Management Challenges
According to an article published by Cornell University School of Hotel Administration, human resources is the most troubling issue for restaurant owners and operators in the United States. One of the main challenges these businesses face is the fundamental issue of recruiting and retaining skilled employees. EPAY Systems offers human capital management software to provide solutions for HR in the restaurant and food service industry.
A major concern in food service and restaurant human capital management is the growing skills gap in the labor market. Prospective employees may need training in simple skills, such as face-to-face communication with guests. Although we expect younger workers to be tech-savvy, their technical knowledge may be limited to texting and social networks; these skills may not extend to using a headset and handheld device while taking orders, correctly handling and counting cash, or other skills required in the food service industry.
Learn How EPAY HCM Can Ease Your HR BurdenSEE A DEMO
Workforce Management Solutions for Food Service and Restaurants
In addition to the significant challenge of finding and recruiting the right workers to fill positions, Human Resources in the restaurant business is often focused on solving employee issues, such as:
- Absenteeism rates among non-salaried employees
- Employee retention during wage and salary freezes
- Improving front-line staff customer service skills
- Providing in-house training or continuing education on a budget
- Motivating management personnel in low-turnover departments where there is less promotion potential
Restaurants are fast-paced businesses that need HR support to handle functions such as recruitment, performance management, and compliance with employment regulations.
Among many other duties, Human Resources in the food service industry is charged with:
- Recruitment and selection of employees (which often involves networking in industry-specific associations)
- TIPS® certification (Training for Intervention Procedures) for employees in restaurants serving alcoholic beverages
- Orientation and onboarding programs that cover workplace policies, service standards, and restaurant-specific guidelines
- Compliance with employment laws, such as the Fair Labor Standards Act that governs minimum wage and overtime
- Compensation and benefits, which may include payroll and tax processing, negotiating rates for group health plans, and monitoring retirement savings programs
EPAY Systems' Workforce Management Software
EPAY Systems provides both cloud-based workforce management software and a full human capital management platform, which are designed to ease the Human Resources burden and reduce labor costs. Our fully integrated HCM and workforce management software system simplifies and streamlines key HR functions for food service and restaurants, including:
- Recruiting and applicant tracking
- Employee onboarding
- Benefits administration
- HR management
- Time and attendance tracking
- Performance management
- Payroll and tax management
- ACA (Affordable Care Act) compliance
Contact us Today
Our seamless HCM platform is a superior solution for human capital management in the restaurant and food service industry. Contact us today to schedule a live demonstration of our integrated system or to find out how we can help you best manage your business’s most valuable resource – your employees.
We take the time to understand your needs, so you can offload payroll and HR-related activities and focus on your core business.
One Seamless Single Sign-On System
Free Premium Customer Support 24/7
One All-Inclusive Monthly Price
Request a Demo
Get a Live Demonstration of Our HR and Payroll Solution to Learn How We Can Benefit Your Company.