EPAY Systems Survey to Help HR Administrators Determine Readiness for Affordable Care Act (ACA)
Survey to address major Affordable Care Act provisions to take effect in 2014 and enable HR to prepare for the employer mandates to follow in 2015.
CHICAGO, ILL – August 27, 2013 – EPAY Systems (EPAY), a leading provider of time and attendance technology solutions, invites HR administrators to participate in a nation-wide Affordable Care Act survey to evaluate their organization's readiness for the employer mandates that will take effect January 1, 2015. The employer mandates in the Affordable Care Act (ACA) were delayed a year, giving businesses time to prepare for the complexities and obligations they will face when the mandates become effective. Whatever revisions are made to the original provisions, one thing is all but certain: the final guidelines will require that employers precisely track, manage and classify their employees to ascertain eligibility and remain in strict compliance -- or risk significant penalty.
The more complex an organization's labor environment, the steeper the challenge in tracking employee headcounts. The EPAY survey is designed to give HR administrators a clear picture of their workforce; it covers a range of issues to gauge an organization's readiness, from their understanding of how ACA defines full time equivalent employees (FIFE) to whether the system(s) in place that can safeguard the organization from unforeseen penalties due to non-compliance.
"Many employers are struggling to understand how healthcare reform affects them, what their obligations and options are, and what the next move should be," said Michelle Lanter Smith, Chief Marketing Officer for EPAY. "ACA compliance will be a huge, complex change - and for employers with a distributed workforce, the challenge is even greater. If you can't track all employees or can’t generate ACA reports, your current systems aren’t tools…they’re liabilities. The survey will give participants a firm grasp of their level of preparedness relative to industry peers and competitors, while providing them with a roadmap for a smooth, painless transition as 2015 approaches."
The survey will only take a few minutes to complete, and will address the following:
- Whether the respondent's company has addressed the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and developed a strategy for meeting its requirements.
- To what extent the cost ramifications of implementing ACA mandates have been reviewed.
- Whether the organization has calculated the relative advantages of offering health benefits to employees working 30 hours a more per week or paying the penalty instead.
- If health care costs are expected to increase (or decrease) because of the ACA.
- Is the current timekeeping system adequate for tracking all of your hourly workers per ACA guidelines?
The survey will provide invaluable insights, including:
- How far along your peers are with their ACA planning.
- The types of solutions other businesses are choosing.
- Whether companies in your industry are opting to “pay or play” (offer health insurance or pay non-compliance penalties).
- What they expect the cost impact to be, and what they’re doing about it.
- How your industry stacks up to others with a distributed workforce.
About EPAY Systems
EPAY Systems provides a cutting-edge time and labor management system that keeps employers in control and in compliance with labor laws and union rules. EPAY’s uniquely flexible, web-based BlueforceTM system can adapt to the most complex labor environments and leverages biometric clocks, IVR and Mobile/GPS on smartphones and tablets. With headquarters in Chicago, IL, the company has offices throughout the U.S., Canada, and India serving 40,000 sites across North America. For more information, visit EPAY at www.EPAYsystems.com or call 877-800-3729 x9020.