HR departments play an important role in call centers and contact centers, an industry with many unique workforce management challenges. Call centers are among the most stressful work environments for employees, Between strict work schedules, irate customers, high expectations from management, and limited opportunities for advancement. Fortunately, EPAY Systems’ human capital management solutions can help call centers cut administrative costs and increase workforce productivity.
Call and Contact Center HR Challenges
Contact and call center managers are dealing with issues such as highabsenteeism, low productivity levels, weak work performance, and meeting average handle time (AHT) and first call resolution goals on a daily basis.
Call centers exist to provide customer service, and the quality of the service depends on the workforce. Workforce management challenges in call centers and contact centers include:
- Recruitment and retention: Call centers have a reputation as a difficult place to work, which makes recruiting and retaining qualified employees a challenge. Millennials—the new generation entering the workforce—have a preference for flexibility, which can be lacking in the call center environment. The high turnover rate in call centers reduces quality of service and increases costs, as recruiting, hiring, and training new staff comes with a high price tag.
- Absenteeism: The average rate of employee absence in call centers is 11%, a percentage that can significantly impact quality of service. With fewer agents on the job, workers are taking more calls under more time pressure, which can negatively impact quality of service and lower employee morale.
- Diminishing budgets: With mandatory cost cutting, call center managers are often expected to maintain service levels with reduced budgets. This non-optimum situation puts pressure on managers and workers alike and contributes to staff attrition.
- Limited career prospects: Most call centers are essentially flat structures with limited opportunities for worker advancement. This puts companies at risk for losing their best people. Talented workers that stay on may be less motivated and produce less in a work environment that doesn’t offer forward progress in a career.
Human Capital Management Systems for Contact Centers and Call Centers
With more than their share of staffing, retention, production, and budgeting challenges, call centers need extraordinary human capital management solutions. EPAY Systems provides call and contact center workforce management software as well as a full suite of human capital management technology that can help HR departments deal successfully with HR issues. In one seamlessly integrated platform, our secure and flexible system features:
- Recruiting and applicant tracking
- Employee onboarding
- Time and attendance tracking
- Payroll and tax management
- Benefits administration
- HR management
- ACA compliance
- Performance management
Our workforce management system uniquely equipped for call centers and contact centers. With real-time visibility, you can track worker time and attendance, control costs, and make management decisions on the spot to improve customer service. Our software allows you to control every shift—even if you are in a different location—with features such as employee scheduling, flexible pay rules, wage and hour compliance, mobile time tracking, ACA reports and more.
Employee scheduling in a call center can be tricky, at best. Our time and attendance software eliminates time, effort, and guesswork, and takes the complexities out of employee scheduling to help you ensure that you have a sufficient number of agents for every shift, while keeping labor costs down.
Our technology also includes an applicant tracking system, which integrates with leading social networks and job boards, to help you attract and engage qualified applicants more quickly. Job seekers can submit applications for open positions directly from their own social profiles.
Our cloud based workforce management software is uniquely flexible and conforms to any labor environment. It can help you maintain control of your workforce, stay in compliance with labor a truly seamless, integrated system.Take a demo to learn more about how our human capital management software can help you build and optimize your call center workforce.